- The Digicash by Payconiq users can now pay in Belgium and the Netherlands; Payconiq users in Belgium and the Netherlands can pay in Luxembourg.
- Digicash by Payconiq and Payconiq users can send money to each other through their apps.
- Luxembourg merchants join the 90,000-merchant strong Payconiq network and can accept payments from Payconiq users all over Benelux.
The latest Digicash by Payconiq apps take the Luxembourg mobile payments sector to the next level, as they become part of the first interoperable mobile payment platform in Europe. Full interoperability between the different countries is another step towards a contactless and cashless society.
The new Digicash by Payconiq apps released in November have evolved their design to further highlight their association with the Payconiq mobile payment platform. In addition, Luxembourg users are now able to scan Payconiq QR-codes at merchants or on invoices in Belgium and the Netherlands. They can also send money to all Payconiq users, regardless of their country of residence.
At the same time, Belgian and Dutch Payconiq users can scan Digicash QR-codes and send money to Luxembourg users.
Digital onboarding and new products for merchants
All current Digicash merchants will benefit from a growing payments platform that guarantees an omni-channel customer experience with optimised costs. With Payconiq, merchants in Luxembourg will get access to:
- Dutch and Belgian Payconiq users, especially the cross-border workers;
- Quick and easy digital onboarding and a modern platform, where they can monitor transactions and download reports;
- New services, such as bulk payments and refunds;
- New products, better suited to their needs, on terminals, vending machines, invoices, digital screens or as top-up.
Merchants in Luxembourg will be able to accept mobile payments from all the Payconiq-supported solutions: Digicash by Payconiq app, Payconiq by Bancontact app, the Payconiq app or the Payconiq functionality available in the mobile banking apps of KBC and ING.
Guido Vermeent, CEO Payconiq International: “Our role is to enable banks, payment service providers and merchants to offer fast, reliable and innovative payment products to their clients anytime, anywhere. The Payconiq payment platform brings together multiple local solutions and value-added services. Users and businesses in Luxembourg can now benefit from the products and services we developed for the other markets, as well as from the international partnerships we have.”
 ING-Digicash users will have access to this feature in the near future