Whether you’re a merchant, a payment service provider, or working at any bank in Europe, you would want to utilize a smart and reliable system that offers transparent and collaborative payment solutions to serve customers better. Payconiq’s API performs just that. Keep scrolling to learn how API helps support merchant payments across a wide range of online and offline channels.
Learning about API
API (Application Programming Interface) allows communication between computers or applications. With this software language, transferring data across systems becomes quick and easy, including payment processes using your computers and mobile devices.
If you’re wondering how APIs work, they start with a request from the application to the API. Then, the message will be relayed to the payment processing network. The network will now respond to the API, and a response will be relayed back to the application. Whether you’re uploading photos to Facebook from your smartphone, booking your flight online, or checking the weather forecast, you’re using API more often than you know.
Benefits of using API for merchant payments
Application programming interfaces benefit both your customers and your businesses. These include an extra layer of security, better collaboration and innovation, and increased customer satisfaction.
Extra layer of security
First, APIs provide further protection between a server and data. Through tokens, transport layer security encryption, signatures, and effective management of API, security is enhanced. API gateways will also help control traffic.
There’s no need to expose your mobile device’s data to the server and vice versa. Only the relevant information should be shared.
Better collaboration and innovation
With APIs, you can perform smooth and easy integration of apps or platforms. This leads to automated workflow and enhanced collaboration at work. You can then modify the system according to your company goals and standards.
You’ll also grow as an organization by partnering with other businesses, exploring new products and services based on their current market, and discovering new markets. As a result, you can expand your reach and increase your revenues.
Increased customer satisfaction
Given that APIs allow smart, collaborative, and trustworthy payment solutions, you’re also giving an improved overall experience to your customers. They have more control over their payment transactions and can complete the process as quickly as possible. Also, APIs help converge local and cross-border payment across different payment networks, leading to a higher level of efficiency and increased customer experience.
QR code merchant payments and API integration
QR code merchant payments help accelerate the digitalization of various economic activities, especially in emerging markets. For instance, the mobile payment volume in China in 2018 was $41 trillion, with $13 trillion coming from QR code payments. Even other countries like Denmark and Sweden recorded high rates for adopting mobile payments.
However, several challenges come along with the increasing use of QR code merchant payment. These include poor or unstable mobile internet connectivity, a shortage of affordable devices, and high unbanked populations.
There are also conflicting views regarding the QR code ecosystem design and specifications. Markets in countries like India found a way around these obstacles through initiatives from the government. As a result, the country now has high bank account penetration.
China has been instrumental in the increasing adoption of QR code mobile payment services. In Europe, we aim to transform the future of payments through smart and interoperable payment solutions with API integration.
By using our application programming interfaces to link to a QR code, you’re making the checkout process easier for your customers. They won’t have to worry about providing their credit card details and other payment information because they can just use their mobile devices to complete the purchase.
Supporting merchant payments across different channels
APIs can help support merchant payments across various offline and online platforms. These could be through stickers, displays, receipts, invoices, websites, and more.
- Stickers: During the second wave of the pandemic, offline merchant transactions increased rapidly compared to online merchant transactions. This was because digital payments have been the go-to method for most customers, and they want the same level of comfort when buying their groceries. Thus, you may find more printed stickers at various merchant checkout areas. As they contain unique data elements, static QR codes will not change.
- Display: Dynamic QR codes are created during the transaction itself, requiring either a merchant or customer screen to display. Unlike static QR codes, dynamic ones are only valid for a limited time. They also consist of different data elements.
- Customer-Presented Mode: With the customer-presented mode of transaction, you as the merchant will have to scan your customer’s dynamic or static QR code to enable the payment process.
- Merchant-Presented Mode: With the merchant-presented mode, initiating a payment transaction involves the customer scamming the merchant’s dynamic QR code.
- Terminal: By simply scanning a QR code that appears on a terminal, your customer can already make mobile payments in the fastest time possible.
- Receipt: API combined with QR code technology also allows your customers to pay with just a scan of the QR code reflected on their receipts.
- Online QR: With online QR, you can facilitate fast and reliable mobile payments through e-commerce.
- Apps and Websites: With our API-based technology, you can let your customers pay through apps and websites. You can also customize them and add widgets for faster transactions.
- Invoice: With our mobile payment solution, you can make your customers pay invoices — whether they’re in PDF form or on paper — using their smartphones. There’s no need to supply all the invoice information. They just have to scan the QR code, and they’re all set.
Thanks to APIs, you can help grow your business by eliminating checkout barriers, pursuing better innovation, and improving customer experience. With Payconiq’s smart, reliable, and collaborative API-based payment solutions, you can also allow various payment transactions across online and offline channels — from stickers, receipts, and invoices, to online QR codes. Use the platform for easy implementation and high scalability across countries!